Monday, February 1, 2010

Simple Small Wood Carvers Bench How To Make Small Birds From Simple Materials For A Mobile(wood, Carving Styrofoam?, Wire, Etc)?

How to make small birds from simple materials for a mobile(wood, carving styrofoam?, wire, etc)? - simple small wood carvers bench

I have a hanging sculpture (kinetic mobile demonstration) for the physics class Torgue. Instead, I would use forms Abstact birds:) I want to do. There is an abundance of available materials, styrofoam, wood species in different strengths, I was able to get the feathers, is a mystery for cutting and razor blades. I can get some paint and other materials. I wish the bird in 3 dimensions, 2 seats and 5 units of the flight will learn (Gotta like it) to make wings. I think it's cardboard.

I thought the sculpture in styrofoam for the body and the head of the bird and the use of wood or cardboard and tail feathers of the wing leading and then painted. I have never used stryofoam although I am not sure of was if this is difficult.

Someone also suggested, origami, but I prefer to keep a little more realistic in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I do not know how a cell phone, the couple shows, unless you filament winding, which is thick enough to relax for some time to use him. They are generally used for the balance sheet and when the wire is thick, it takes a long time to complete.
    Styrofoam can be very frustrating to carve or shape the nature of the accounts lost accounts and two different lots of dust. In general, the form of a hot wire, which by its path and drives to seal the surface. Especially when you do it with a length of less than 4 "of the body, it becomes very fragile and break in your hands.
    Paper mache or clay may be options. Wings could be the role of aluminum beverage cans or sheet metal or aluminum sheets.

    ReplyDelete